Family Medicine Specialists of Texas
Primary Care Physicians located in Katy, TX
Women have unique health concerns, and not just the ones you may expect, such as reproductive health. You benefit most from a doctor who understands the full spectrum of your needs, which is why Family Medicine Specialists of Texas provides women’s health services. To schedule a women’s health appointment at the office in Katy, Texas, call or use the online booking tool today.
Women's Health Q & A
What is women’s health?
Though many health problems that affect women can also affect men, women’s health features its own set of challenges and issues. The most obvious difference, but far from the only one, is your reproductive system, and it can be the site of many conditions, even if you don’t have children or plan to have any.
But women’s health isn’t synonymous with obstetrics and gynecology. Women’s health includes issues that affect the entire body. Many conditions that aren’t exactly gender-specific affect women differently or more often than men. For example, women are at higher risk of:
- Heart attacks, which are fatal for more women than men, affect women at a younger age than men on average, and become more likely after menopause
- Mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety, which are more commonly diagnosed in women
- Sexually transmitted diseases, which women are anatomically more likely to contract than men, often with more serious symptoms and complications
- Osteoarthritis, which women are biologically more prone to develop
- Urinary tract infections, which are far more common among women than men
- Bladder issues, such as overactive bladder, primarily affect older women
- Irritable bowel syndrome, which is most prevalent among young women
As a woman, being aware of these risks and taking steps to prevent them will help you stay healthier in the long run.
What women’s health services are available?
With their background in family medicine, Family Medicine Specialists of Texas prevents, diagnoses, and treats health conditions that affect women at all stages of life. In addition to providing wellness exams and preventive care with a special focus on your needs and concerns, they provide services including:
- Pregnancy and childbirth services
- Menopause treatment, including hormone replacement therapy and symptom management
- Pap smears to screen for cervical cancer, along with gynecological checkups
- Treatment for reproductive disorders, such as polycystic ovary syndrome
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine
Family Medicine Specialists of Texas will provide treatment that fits your needs, health, and lifestyle.
Why should I see a family medicine doctor for women’s health concerns?
You may think of women’s health as something for which you visit a specialist (or multiple specialists), but a knowledgeable family medicine practice like Family Medicine Specialists of Texas knows your medical history and understands how women’s health issues affect your entire body.
Though they can provide many services at their practice, including routine gynecological exams, Family Medicine Specialists of Texas may still refer you to a specialist from their network of excellent providers for your condition. They can find an OB/GYN, cardiologist, gastroenterologist, or rheumatologist who fits your needs and personality, and who will work closely with any doctors who are treating you.
To get women’s health treatment at Family Medicine Specialists of Texas, call or use the online booking tool today.
Primary Caremore info
Urgent Caremore info
Women's Healthmore info
Minor Surgeriesmore info
Asthma and Emphysemamore info
Pediatric Servicesmore info
Depression, Anxiety, and Insomniamore info
Wellness and Preventative Caremore info
Low Testosterone / Low Tmore info
IV Infusion Therapymore info
Diabetes & Endocrine Disordersmore info